Bridging the Gap Between Hospital and Home
We have staff dedicated to your transition home. Our transition team works with you and your home support to ensure a safe and well-planned return home. We stay connected once you’ve returned home to promote your continued good health.
Our highly trained therapists partner with you to help you achieve your highest level of functioning. In addition to collaborating with our nursing team to deliver services, we also offer the following services.
- Home safety evaluations
- Fall Prevention
- Prosthetic Education
- Outpatient Therapy
- Availability 7 days a week
- Patient and Family Education
- After Surgery strength training
Physical Therapy is a hands-on approach to improving function and mobility. The Physical Therapy program begins with a thorough evaluation, which enables the therapist to design a personalized treatment plan for each patient.
Physical Therapists provide therapy to patients who have experienced neuromuscular, orthopedic and/or musculoskeletal dysfunctions. Physical Therapists promote wellness, maintenance of good health and proper body mechanics in each patient.
Physical Therapists provide retraining in the following areas:
- Range of Motion
- Contracture Management
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Neurological Rehabilitation
Occupational Therapy is a hands-on approach to improving the patient’s activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, and grooming.
Occupational Therapy helps patients who are experiencing difficulty with:
- Self-care (dressing, bathing, using the bathroom)
- Eating and/or meal preparation
- Home Management
- Cognition and Orientation
- Arm/hand problems and deformities
- Psychosocial skills
Speech-Language Pathologists are professionally trained to diagnose and treat communication disorders. Our therapists take a holistic approach to therapy and are continually updating their skills through education on the most current treatment modalities. The therapists look at each aspect of communication to help the individual reach their maximum potential.
Speech- Language Pathologists provide evaluations and treatment for a variety of communication disorders including:
- Speech Disorders
- Language Disorders
- Confusion & Memory Deficits
- Cognitive/Linguistic Deficits
- Dysphagia (swallowing disorders)
Speech-Language Pathology helps patients:
- Increase ability to make them understood
- Increase ability to understand others in social conversation
- With memory problems or forgetfulness developing strategies to improve memory for Activities of Daily Living
- With eating difficulties when coughing & choking
Goal Setting for Families and Patients
The Therapist works with the patient and family members setting realistic functional rehab goals. Treatments are offered 3-7 times a week depending upon patient’s condition and physician orders. Families are welcome to attend therapy to learn more about their loved one’s progress in therapy. If out-of-town family or schedules prohibit a visit to a therapy session, the therapists are happy to meet or speak to a family member at a pre-arranged time.
Special Therapies Offered Onsite
- Cardiopulmonary therapy
- Stroke recovery and rehabilitation
- Cognitive therapy
- Orthopedic injury rehabilitation
- Swallowing disorders care (Dysphagia)
- Ambulatory therapy
- Balance disorder care